Follow these steps for the How to do a Waterfall Braid tutorial:
- With a part on the right side, take a section of hair on the heavy side of the part.
- Divide this into three sections and cross the back strand over the middle then the front strand over the middle.
- Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair to create a french braid.
- Now cross the front strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair like in step 3.
- Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in another section of hair.
- This time, in stead of crossing the front strand over the middle, drop it down, and pick up a section of hair directly behind that strand. Cross it over the middle in place of the dropped strand.
- Now cross the back strand over and bring in hair per usual.
- Next, repeat step 6 dropping the front strand and bringing in a replacement strand.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 until the braid reaches the back of the head.
- Continue braiding the three strands down into a regular braid and pin it against the head.
- Lay hair over the top of the pin to hide it.
- Finish with hairspray and you are set!
Dawn Shannon’s Intuition Salon & Spa is proud to offer Organic Hair Care, Color Correction, Hair Color, Organic Skincare, as well as Candles and Soaps! And our boutique features a wide variety of items for any occasion!
Intuition St. Petersburg (727) 322-3802 2053 Central Ave St. Petersburg, FL 33715
Intuition Clearwater (727) 443-2927 16 N Ft. Harrison ave Clearwater, FL 33755
“How to do a Waterfall Braid.” Missy Sue, 25 Sept. 2014, missysue.com/2014/09/how-to-do-a-waterfall-braid/. Accessed 18 July 2017.